What's the benefits of XHTML W3C compliant skins ?
- Ensure accessibility for the disabled.
- Ensure that your website is accessible from a number of devices; from different browsers to the growing number of surfers using PDAs and cellular phones.
- Ensure that regardless of the browser, resolution, device, etc. that your website will look and function in the same or at least a very similar fashion.
- Decreases development costs
- Decreases maintenance costs
- Decrease your hosting costs
- Increase income through the web site.
What's the banner container ?
The bannercontainer isnot only a container, but also a banner, can be added on the page anywhere through the containers.
How to use the banner container?
1.dd the text/html in the page.
2.set module container is bannercontainer.
3.add this code to text/html module:
<h1>Professional DNN Web Design</h1>
<p>We're perfectionists, focus on the website's accessibility and standard,we can provide professional skin design and the W3C compliant skin</p>
<p><a class="more" href="#"><span>read more</span></a></p>
Why don't use the DropDownList in the search ?
Because if we use the UseDropDownList="true" in the skins in the dnn4.90, the dnn core will generate the html code below:
<input name="__dnnVariable" type="hidden" id="__dnnVariable" value="SearchIconWebUrl url(/images/Search/google-icon.gif) SearchIconSiteUrl url(/images/Search/dotnetnuke-icon.gif) SearchIconSelectedS" />
Which can't be validated with W3C, so we set the UseDropDownList="false" ,maybe there will not be same problems in the dnn5.x，if you want to use the dropdown search, you just need to modify the UseDropDownList="true" in the each skin file.
Who are the W3C?
The W3C are a recognised internet/web standards organisation. They develop and publish specifications, software, guidelines, and various tools for the Web.
To read more about the World Wide Web Consortium, please use the following link: http://www.w3.org/